3 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2010 9:40 AM by sync2rhythm

List of GPU accelerated Effects in CS5

ruzun Level 1

Is there a list somewhere of the effects that are GPU accelerated in CS5?  Can someone provide a list or tell me if the following specific effects are GPU accelerated.

1) Fast Color

2) 3 Way Color

3) Color Balance RGB

4) Horizontal Flip

5) Crop

6) Auto Color

7) Auto Contrast

8) Auto Levels

9) Shadow/Highlight

10) Cross Dissolve Transition

11) Dip to Black Transition

• 1. Re: List of GPU accelerated Effects in CS5
          Harm Millaard Level 7

6 - 8 should never be used!.

With the exception of Shadow/highlights all are supported. If you want to know more, try the trial or consult the help file.

• 2. Re: List of GPU accelerated Effects in CS5
            ruzun Level 1

Well I know people frown on the autos but sometimes they are useful.  Despite the fact they should never be used, are the AUTO corrections also GPU accelerated?  I guess you mean they all are, including the autos, except for Shadow Highlight, correct?

• 3. Re: List of GPU accelerated Effects in CS5
              sync2rhythm Level 1

Harm Millaard wrote:

6 - 8 should never be used!.

With the exception of Shadow/highlights all are supported. If you want to know more, try the trial or consult the help file.

You will need to look at you projects/needs to determine what to use and what to NEVER use.

The comparison is easily done... put one of the 'Autos' on your clip and see what it looks like. If it's satisfactory... leave it. If it's not satisfactory... remove it!

example:

I was taught to ALWAYS use a Mask when Chromakeying... but I can't even remember the last time I have used one. For me, there's no need to.

Although the underlying aspect of editing is similar... the means by which we achieve our end result(s) are usually very different. This fact rings very apparent by looking at any thread of 'how did they do this'. You will see many different answers that achieve the same/similar results... none of which is probably exactly how they got the look that posed the question.

-- It's all subjective and the final answer is based on what works for you and may even be seperated on a use-by-use basis. If the 'Autos' give you satisfactory results (in real-time) go for it... if not... don't. They may work this time but not the next -and Vice Versa.