11 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2010 4:05 PM by Jeff Bellune

No Sound When Exporting a DVd

ChuckCoburn

I am using Adobe Premiere CS4  and when I try to export a DVD to a file to be used either on Easy Worship or any other program I have no sound.  CAn you help?

• 1. Re: No Sound When Exporting a DVd
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Where do you lose the Audio, Export, Dynamically linked to Encore, once in Encore?

It would also be helpful if you could tell us about your system, your PrPro Project/Sequence, and your source material. This ARTICLE will give you tips on the types of info that will so very useful. The more detail, the easier it will be for us to find the cause and a solution.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: No Sound When Exporting a DVd
            ChuckCoburn Level 1

I am only using Adobe Premiere then it goes to Adobe Media Encoder CS4.  The picture looks great but no sound.  The catch is I am using a MAc and I am trying to make work on Windows Media PLayer, Nero, ETC. 

• 3. Re: No Sound When Exporting a DVd
              Harm Millaard Level 7

Some suggestions... and answer at least the 16 questions at the end of the Wiki article.

• 4. Re: No Sound When Exporting a DVd
                Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

Typically, an MPEG2 DVD export will generate separate video and audio files.  Is that the case here?

-Jeff

• 5. Re: No Sound When Exporting a DVd
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Well, it helps if I include a link to that ARTICLE. Sorry about that!

Hunt

• 6. Re: No Sound When Exporting a DVd
                    ChuckCoburn Level 1

I guess.  To be honest, I am really not sure.  I just know that if I export it as an Mpeg2 I have sound, but if I export it as a DVD I have no sound.  I made sure that the sound box was checked to be exported, but still no sound.

• 7. Re: No Sound When Exporting a DVd

Check the folder where you exported the video.  There will likely be an .m2v file and then a .wav or .ac3 file with the same name as the video .m2v file.

-Jeff

• 8. Re: No Sound When Exporting a DVd
                        ChuckCoburn Level 1

I found the .wav file is there anyway to combine them or group them so that they play together in Windows Media Player or other programs?  Or do I have to burn a DVD.  My goal is just to put it on a flash drive and run it put it to another computer. 

• 9. Re: No Sound When Exporting a DVd

I'm confused - originally you said you wanted it to work in EasyWorship, so I assumed you wanted DVD encoding because IIRC that's what EW uses.

Now you say you just need a generic AVI file for WMP and a flash drive.  Which is it?  You have almost infinite choices for export settings if all you want to do is play an AVI file in WMP on one or more computers.

If you want a DVD-legal export, and you want the audio in the same file as the video, then export as MPEG2 DVD again, only this time go to the multiplexer tab in the Export Settings dialog and select the DVD radio button.

-Jeff

• 10. Re: No Sound When Exporting a DVd
                            ChuckCoburn Level 1

Jeff,

Sorry for the confusion.  I am wanting to import into to Easy Worship. The computer I am using for Easy Worship is a little old.  It is Windows XP Pro,  2.3 GHz and 2 GB of Ram.  When I export a Mpeg2 file I have to compress the video down to 540 x 320 and it is a little pixel. If I go over 540 then the sound becomes really distorted.   When I export is as a DVD-MPEg the video quality is a lot clearer.  Takes a bit longer to export as well. 

If it is not to much to ask.  How to I export this file into Easy Worship so that it will look great.  If I export a DVD how  do I combine the Video and Audio so that I can just transfer it on a flash drive rather than DVD.

Once again,  I am using a MAc Snow Leopard.  3.06 GHz INtel Core 2 dual  4 GB Ram  500 Gig Hard Drive.

• 11. Re: No Sound When Exporting a DVd

What is the frame size, frame rate and format/codec of your source video?  What are your sequence settings?

Once you get the Pr end of things sorted, then you need to worry about the frame size, frame rate and format/codec that EW likes best.  Follow their recommendations, and export from Pr in a format and codec that will play nice with EW.

So your workflow can be summarized like this:

• Edit in Pr using a sequence that matches your source footage.
                              • Export from Pr using settings that are EW-friendly.

-Jeff