2 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2010 9:07 AM by Bear Travis

Help: pages transition

rafael zum

hi guys,

i'm working with flash catalyst and lovin' it. but i'm making a presentation with 5 chapters. for each chapter, i got an animated title screen.

so, whenever i get to a title screen, i need a default animation for that. if i'm in chapter 3, and get to chapter 4, i need a transition using the page's elements.

my question is. since i have 5 screens, do i need to animate every possible transitions between it? for an example, do i need to animate transitions to page1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 1-5, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3... or can i make a default transition to the 5 pages and whenever i call one, the transition is automatically played?

thanks!

Rafael

• 1. Re: Help: pages transition
          Gabiango

I would like to know the answer too. ButI suspect this is not possible...

Greetings!

Gabri <U>

• 2. Re: Help: pages transition
            Bear Travis Adobe Employee

Hello,

You would need to specify a transition for each. Catalyst has a "Smooth Transition" ability, which will generate a default transition of a specified length, but it only fades items in/out and moves them around as necessary to get between states.

It sounds like you want something a little fancier, for which you will need to manually create the transition between each pair of pages/states that you care about.

-Bear