0 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2010 2:16 AM by Xaxis71

Getting an error message when saving my artwork in Illustrator 10. (Some images inside)

Xaxis71

So, I was working on this picture just finely, saving the progress...well, last night, when I went to save what I did before retiring for the night, I got the following error.

error message.jpg

I don't know what the deal is, it forcs me to rename the darn file, so I end up with two copies of the same project, and I can't even delete the old one, because it gives me some jibber-jabber about the file being used by some program

error message2.jpg

And on a side note, I have another problem...you know when you have thumnail pictures of your .ai files in the My Computer while exploring the files in the folders? Well, I notice that sometimes that some of the file's thumbnails are scrambled and glitchy and look like this;

scrambled thumbnail.jpg

rather then this

good thumbnail.jpg

I will load the scrambled one in, save as a new name, and try to delete and will get the error message as shown on the 2nd image of this post. I'm totally baffled! Even when I close the program, it still says it's in use....by what? I only use .ai files with Illustrator 10....and am tired of seeing my file's thumbnails go scrambled like that...makes it hard to see what the image is, if I don't recognize the file name.

Please, I need help.

Thank you kindly.