2 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2010 2:19 AM by lashley22sD

Can't remove an addon on browser

lashley22sD Level 1

Hi,

After I installed Dreamweaver I think I also installed Adobe Download Manager. Anyway each time I open Firefox is this this box:

http://content.screencast.com/users/KarlSultana/folders/Jing/media/8172a405-783f-4539-a6c4-1ea7f82d9aa4/2010-05-10_1122.png

I tried clicking Disable and Uninstall and nothing works, each time I get that popup. I think Dreamwaever f**** it all up because even that tool does not work.

Also if I try customizing the Browser Toolbar like adding or remoing a new button when I do re open browser the changes are gone...

One thing I know for sure: I won't visit adobe website anymore after I solve these issues. Even forums and support it's so boring and stupidly made.

Thanks,

Karl

• 1. Re: Can't remove an addon on browser
          hans-g. Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi Karl,

cause your efforts to cancel this are not successful, I suggest using the WIN explorer to look into the interior of the FF directory. There you can delete the AddOn/Extension in question in a sledgehammer method.

Header 1Header 2
          dr.jpgdr1.jpg

Hans-G.

• 2. Re: Can't remove an addon on browser
            lashley22sD Level 1

I already tried that, by going to the Mozilla Folder >> Extensiosn and remove one, the others are isntalled in 2009 so I'm sure I removed any new ones. This problem happened after I installed Dreamweaver I think it's because of that.

Also I cannot edit my firefox toolbar like adding/removing a button because if I do the next time I open firefox all changes I make get lost.

Thanks