3 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2010 1:23 PM by the_wine_snob

My ole' Premiere program...trying to convert created video into supported format for youtube...

ISREBA1949

I have the Adobe Premiere 3.0 program...i know, i know...pretty ancient. But hey, it works for the time being...lo. My problem is, i keep creating videos from this program, and am unable to convert it into the format supported by Youtube...HEEELLLPPP!!! The format i am saving it in is, [.prel]. the formats acceptable are; MPE4 format [Divx, Xvid, or SQV3 instead of h. 264] at 640x480 resolution with MP3audio [64k momo]

After reading those stereo instructions, my question is....hoe do I convert an already designed video to fit these specs?

Thanks in advance for your assistance, and I love you all.

• 1. Re: My ole' Premiere program...trying to convert created video into supported format for youtube...
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, you have posted to the Tips & Tricks sub-forum, which is a repository for articles on how to do things in the program. Not many people read here. Maybe our trusty MOD, Steve Grisetti, will move this out to the main forum, where you will receive more replies.

Here is the FAQ Entry for YouTube Export/Share.

I am anything but an expert on YouTube, but do not believe that DivX, or Xvid, will be accepted.

For HD YouTube material, most users recommend either H.264, or WMV HD formats/CODEC's. One might have to add an H.264 CODEC, if they do not have one, such as the one installed by the recent versions of Apple's QT Player.

IIRC, YouTube will only accept videos up to 10 mins., so one first has to edit to that maximum. Then, one will need to chose a CODEC/format, that compresses (often adjusted via the bit-rate) to the file size required.

Good luck, and hope that helps,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: My ole' Premiere program...trying to convert created video into supported format for youtube...
            ISREBA1949 Level 1

Thanks Hunt, hun.

Been trying to figure this out for some time now. I am not that knowledgeable in the formats for videos being uploaded to different sites, but i am pretty good at creating videos. I am saving them in the format [.prel], and have no iea as to how to convert the format from - .prel, to {any other format}. I am looking on the program, and see no spot for conversion. i also have a program called prism video converter, which was unable to convert the format as wel, due to the fact that they dont support beginning formats of -.prel, as well. So i am within a rock a very very hard place right now. Is there a different program which i could install, which would allow me to convert the premiere videos i have created into another format? i recently downloaded the trial version of premiere pro. I hope this program allows me to take the saved project, and convert it into a usable format. Thanks again for all your assistance hun. Really appreesh it.

• 3. Re: My ole' Premiere program...trying to convert created video into supported format for youtube...
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Actually, the .PREL is not a format. It is an XML database file, with links to media on your system, and instructions on what to do to those media, upon Export. It is the Export/Share, that determines the format and CODEC. This ARTICLE might offer some background on the PREL files. The PREL file can only be used in PrE (or a contemporary version of PrPro). One MUST Export/Share to have an AV file.

Hope that helps,

Hunt