3 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2010 3:04 PM by Ned Murphy

Rollover States - Kickin my tush!

pulpdigital

Hello to everyone smarter than I (which is probably everyone here,  including the dust on the monitors)...

I have a rollover issue -

I have a series of rollover buttons, simple rollovers visually made to  look like they're in there off_state, once rolled over, they appear on,  once clicked, they go to a predetermined URL, not a biggie. However,  there needs to be one button, that when the piece appears on screen, one  button, should be in its ONstate. Once you rollover it, it should  behave like the others (staying in its OFFstate, until rolled over and  clicked).

I have NO idea how to do this. I'm currently working in CS3, using using  AS2.
      I have a bunch of demanding women nipping at my heels, so if someone  could help out real soon, I'll be ur best friend

• 1. Re: Rollover States - Kickin my tush!
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you want to control a button beyond its normal behaviors in AS2, then you'll need to create the button as a movieclip and assign actionscript to have it behave like the button you expect it to be.  Similar to a button symbol, you will have different content in different frames for the different states, but you will need to create code to control which frame the button goes to for particular interactions.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Rollover States - Kickin my tush!
            pulpdigital Level 1

Therein lies the rub.. I'm not HUGELY great at writing AS2, I can cobble together a masterpiece, but I can't conjure it up with my stubby wee fingers. Any pointers on where I could mooch code like that from?

• 3. Re: Rollover States - Kickin my tush!
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There is a whole bunch of stuff you can mooch from a Google search, much of which was created specifically for the mooching.  Try searching Google using "AS2 movieclips as buttons"  and if you throw "tutorial" into the mix you may find stuff specifcally made to help you learn how to do it.