4 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2010 7:37 PM by Szaint

Faux Columns are too far up on page

Szaint

I created faux columns in the background of my container. The problem is that the bg image is running the whole length of the webpage and I need it to move down exactly 540 pixels to sit behind the coulmns. I'm sure there's a simple way to do this with CSS but I can't figure it out. You can see the problem here:

www.jgraveslawyers.com

• 1. Re: Faux Columns are too far up on page
          Level 4

Szaint wrote:

I created faux columns in the background of my container and I need it to move down exactly 540 pixels

I didn't look at your page but judging from your description it looks easy enough:

#faux_column_container {margin-top: 540px}

or simply place a container that's 540px above the faux column container...

• 2. Re: Faux Columns are too far up on page
            Szaint Level 1

Ahhh I see what you're saying. But I didn't create a separate div for the faux columns. I just made an image and repeated it in the bg of the container. Here's the CSS:

#container {

width: 960px;

margin: 0 auto;

padding-top: 5px;

padding-left: 5px;

padding-right: 5px;

overflow: hidden;

background-color: #FFFFFF;

background: #fff url(images/column_bg.gif) repeat-y 50%;

}

Should I create a new div for the faux columns? If so, how do I get them behind my columns?

• 3. Re: Faux Columns are too far up on page
              hans-g. Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi,

to better understand your question: your request it's not to close the gap, as you can see below?

fauxCol.jpg

Otherwise there is a bg image in your source code, called "gradientbg.jpg" which has 5/1200 px, is that ok?

Hans-G.

• 4. Re: Faux Columns are too far up on page
                Szaint Level 1

Thanks for your reply Hans. That big gap that you see will be filled in with an image. I have a div there. But the reason the page looks incorrect is because the faux columns are extending up too far. The faux columns should start where it says "practice areas" and continue down. That's what I need to happen.