2 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2010 8:01 AM by the_wine_snob

Why does Premiere Pro CS5 process audio source before exporting clip in AME CS5?

SeanSamaroo

Hello everyone, my first post here. I am currently trying out the trial CS5 Master Collection on my MacBook Pro. I've been using Premiere Pro CS5 to put together family videos. I select a certain portion of a sequence and queue it for export in Media Encoder CS5 in the format H.264 for iPod with video and audio.

Now in AME I have a queue list of about 5 clips from the sequence. But when I hit the Start Queue button, the bottom left of the progress bar states "Adobe Premiere Pro processing audio source from [then file name]"  for all 5 clips from the sequence then creates the first output file.

Then it moves to encode the second and again states "Adobe Premiere Pro processing audio source from [then file name]"  for all 5 clips of mt sequence then spits out only the second output file.

This continues for the remaining 3 output files. The total sequence length is ~32 minutes with transitions and it takes about 35 minutes to export which is all consumed by the process audio source of the 5 clips in my sequence for 5 separate times.

Is there a certain reason why Media Encoder or Premiere Pro does this process of audio source? Is this process necessary or needed? I experimented with choosing different output formats but the results are the same. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.