1 Reply Latest reply on May 27, 2010 3:33 PM by ShantiGilbert

Problems synchronizing FTP in DW CS5

azdesignerd

Hi!

I'm having an issue synchronizing files to a remote FTP server in DreamWeaver CS5. Files upload OK, but whenever I ask it to synchronize sitewide it wants to upload the ENTIRE site (4000+ files!) Obviously missing the entire point... I've tried the steps listed in the knowledgebase in this article: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/405/kb405835.html to no avail.

Please help if you can!

Thanks!

Oh, also I'm running Windows 7 (64-bit)... if that matters.

• 1. Re: Problems synchronizing FTP in DW CS5
          ShantiGilbert

I am having the EXACT same problem if I right click on a file on the remote server and click "get" DW tries to download the ENTIRE site not just that one file... it only works if I drag the file across remote and local, which is a bother is I am only using 1 window!

this does NOT happen if I right click on a file on my local machine and click "get", only on the remote server.

I am also using windows 7 64bits but this also happens on Windows 7 32 bits

UPDATE and possible fix;

in my case I had several sites that pointed to a sub-folder inside a root of one of my sites and this seem to cause that behavior, I changed each site to its own folder on my local machine and it seems to be working now hope it helps!

Message was edited by: ShantiGilbert