1 Reply Latest reply on May 11, 2010 1:04 AM by ssycko

CC Particle World Velocity

ssycko

I'm trying to create a sort of hyperspeed type thing, sort of like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USLTQVt8QyA&feature=related or like the old Windows 95 screensaver.

Looking online I've found people using the CC Particle World to create similar things, so I dove in and got something that looks pretty okay.  I'm using a textured disc for the particle.  The problem is that the velocity of the particles is extremely varied, so that some of the particles move in the speed that I want, while others hover around for a while, which kind of ruins the whole "flying through space effect."

Is there a way to set the velocity inside CC Particle World to a constant?  If not, is there a better tool to use for this sort of thing?

• 1. Re: CC Particle World Velocity
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Have you tried other emitter types? You might be able to get what you want by using a different one and tweaking its Extra parameter. also check the particle life parameters. Their age would affect the point of time when they are emitted and in turn the perceived velocity....

Mylenium