4 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2010 7:57 AM by Ken Binney-GnPIX3

ADOBE PLEASE RESPOND ASAP DW DOES NOT START!!!!!

JohnTHarrison

Idea - lets all get together and take legal action against Adobe. They got your cash - that's it.

I've an idea - I'll make an application called NighMareWeaver and sell it to Adobe - if it fails to start then that's OK - they're used to that.

I'd like someone who knows the software - not a call centre operative from east Asia - a technical support person - to help me get Dreamweaver started.

• 1. Re: ADOBE PLEASE RESPOND ASAP DW DOES NOT START!!!!!
          Ken Binney-GnPIX3 Level 4

We feel your pain.  This is a user forum, there is nothing useful in your post -

When you settle down, please post what you've done and where the breakdown is happening.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: ADOBE PLEASE RESPOND ASAP DW DOES NOT START!!!!!
            JohnTHarrison Level 1

OK point taken.

I bought a an upgrade to my CS4 Master Collection and upgraded it to CS5 Web Premium. When I try to get support for the specific products that I have in my account the new purchase for CS5 does not show up - in fact every time I try to get support I find yet another door closed.

Dreamweaver CS5 simply doesn't start - it tries to start by showing me in the OS X menu bar that it has in fact started but gets no further and does nothing. I have re-installed the DW element of the suite to no avail and have tried all of the recommended fixes such as fixing the permissions on the folders in user>library>app support . . .

I just get the feeling that although I have paid nearly £600 there will be no help coming soon from Adobe and no announcements that they are at least aware of the problem.

My experiences with this upgrade have been terrible so far and tantamount to nothing short of severe brand damage for Adobe and a huge knock on the good relationship that I did have with the brand.

I'm a little stumped as to what to do next as I have deadlines that require the new software and no answers.

PS Sorry for losing it earlier - I have eaten a banana and now feel much better cheers

• 3. Re: ADOBE PLEASE RESPOND ASAP DW DOES NOT START!!!!!
              Zabeth69 Level 5

Glad you had that banana; nothing like a litte potassium to get the electrolytes balanced again...

That said, as the previous poster said, this is all users in this room, with the occasional visit by Adobe personnel.

If you want Adobe to do something, you have to talk to Adobe. There is a whole sheaf of support for installation difficulties. http://www.adobe.com/support/

Please check out the links there before you have another meltdown and we have to try to mop you up.

Beth

• 4. Re: ADOBE PLEASE RESPOND ASAP DW DOES NOT START!!!!!
                Ken Binney-GnPIX3 Level 4

More bad news John..

I'm still using MX2004 on a PC, so let's hope David Powers comes along to rescue you.

Meanwhile, my intuition suggest your site definition files may be corrupted.

Read this old technote, an see if it leads you to a resolution.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/598/5989f7f4.html

Good luck