4 Replies Latest reply: May 11, 2010 4:22 PM by jfd34 RSS

Will Photoshop 5.0 work with Windows 7?

jfd34

I have loaded Photoshop 5.0 on to my laptop which is running Windows 7 and I cannot organize my photos.  Is this a compatability problem?

• 1. Re: Will Photoshop 5.0 work with Windows 7?
          markerline Community Member

Are you talking about Photoshop CS5 or the OLD old Photoshop 5.0?

• 3. Re: Will Photoshop 5.0 work with Windows 7?
            markerline Community Member

That version of Photoshop does not have Bridge, which is what I use to organize Photos on my computer (actually I use other tools but Bridge CS4 can be used).  The problem I gather is that you cannot see the image preview of the photos as icons?  Or is it another type of organizational problem?  I have Adobe CS1 installed on a Windows Vista 32-bit laptop and it is only partially compatible.  For example, Adobe Acrobat 6 which comes with CS1 is not fully supported, but Photoshop and the other apps work on it.  If it is a 64-bit version of Windows 7 you may encounter other compatibility issues.

• 4. Re: Will Photoshop 5.0 work with Windows 7?
              jfd34 Community Member

Thanks for all of your help.  I found PS 5.0 on sale a number of years ago for about half price so I bought it with intentions of learning all of its features and to use it but all I have been doing is tag the photos and create collections and hardly any editing at all.  I think I can do the same with some free programs out there plus I still have it installed on my desktop which is running Vista and without problems.  I wanted to move everything to my laptop since it is much faster but as often as I use it I can still use the desktop.

FYI.  AFter loading PS Elements 5.0 on to my laptop running Windows 7 I am able to get to each photo to edit it if I choose the Edit feature.  When I choose the Organize feature the circle (hourglass) just spins for hours until I shut the program down.  That is where I am having the compatibility issue.

Again, Thanks