7 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2015 11:35 AM by ScubaBadger

Where are title graphics stored?

scotb5050

Greetings,

I've made a lower-third graphic for use with Premiere CS4 projects.  Later, I moved some files around and now when I open a project, the lower-third graphic is gone, replaced by just a big word "logo".

I'm hoping that I can simply place the lower-third graphic into a correct location, or at least find a way in Premiere to point to it correctly rather than having to re-make all of the title graphics for these projects.

Please help me out if you can...it will save me hours, and a gigantic headache!

Cheers,

Scot B.

• 1. Re: Where are title graphics stored?
          Colin Brougham Level 6

As far as I'm aware, any external graphic that you drop into a Titler title is referenced at that original location. The title "files" themselves are actually part of the project file; they're simply references in the XML data of the PRPROJ file. Since each title is a separate entry, you can't update one and have them all updated. Conversely, if you put the external file back where it belongs, all of the graphics should be restored.

You might be able to find the file path to the external graphic by opening your project file (make a copy, first) in a text editor, and try searching for the string "<title>". You might be able to discern the file path from the entries that the search reveals. (Ignore this; process below works...)

Another thing you might try: in your project, open one of your titles with the missing graphic. Click on the big "LOGO" element, and then look over in the parameters panel. Under Properties, you should see "Graphic Type: Logo" and then a little icon next to "Logo Bitmap". Click on that icon, and a file browser panel will open. Theoretically, it should open to the last location where the file was stored; make a note of that. Close the title and the project (don't save it), and then move the graphic file to the location you just found. When you open your project again, it should reconnect the titles to the externally-linked graphic file.

ADDENDUM: Just tested this; it works.

• 2. Re: Where are title graphics stored?
            scotb5050 Level 1

Thanks for the help.  I will try this right away.

• 3. Re: Where are title graphics stored?
              scotb5050 Level 1

Yes, this works perfectly!  Thank you very much!

• 4. Re: Where are title graphics stored?
                Colin Brougham Level 6

Glad to hear! Keep track of those graphics...

• 5. Re: Where are title graphics stored?
                  ScubaBadger Level 1

I have this issue ongoing, almost every time I open a project from archive I have to go through the titles - it's always JUST the titles.

Sometime re-linking one title to the file (always find the file in the assets folder) will bring the rest up - other times I have to go through every darn title.

Such a waste of time.

Each project folder has it's own assets folder even though I have some clients with hundreds of videos - I don't use a common root folder - I always copy the graphical content over to the asset folder for each project.

Yes - I have multiple copies of the graphic - but if each time I open the project - it can't find the graphic in it's own asset folder - what chance has the project got of finding the asset in an external root folder..

A pain...

• 6. Re: Where are title graphics stored?
                    Warren Heaton Adobe Community Professional

Hi Scuba:

You want to take a very close look at what's happening to the directory structure for your project prior creating your archive as well as after restoring it.

-Warren

• 7. Re: Where are title graphics stored?
                      ScubaBadger Level 1

Thanks Warren

Each project folder has it's own assets folder.

Anything added to a project is copied - (not link embedded) to an assets folder within the project folder.

When opening a project it is first transferred to a raid drive. Parity checking tells me all folders and files match.

Once finished with the project the project folder is copied back to the archive drive and parity checked.

When re-opened - graphics are not where they should be again.