2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2007 5:05 AM by derorim

CFMAIL messages wrongly moved to Undelivr Folder

derorim
      I'm experiencing a problem with CF7 occasionally moving into the Undelivr folder emails that were actually sent (and received). I have a scheduled task that hourly moves files from the Undelivr folder back into the Spool folder, and this has resulted in emails being sent multiple times on occasion. For example, I have CF send me an email at 3:00 a.m. every morning. The other day I receieved it 3 times, spaced an hour apart. I would have received it a fourth time, but I found the email in the Undelivr folder and deleted it so the routine would not dump it back into the Spool folder at the top of the next hour.

Here are the ColdFusion log entries that were generated for the email I described above:

mail.log:
      03:01:12 Exception reading response; nested exception is: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
      04:01:09 Exception reading response; nested exception is: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
      05:01:17 Exception reading response; nested exception is: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
      06:01:10 Exception reading response; nested exception is: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

mailsent.log:
      03:01:12 Moved undelivered mail: Mail47741.cfmail to C:\CFusionMX7/Mail/Undelivr directory
      04:01:09 Moved undelivered mail: Mail47741.cfmail to C:\CFusionMX7/Mail/Undelivr directory
      05:01:17 Moved undelivered mail: Mail47741.cfmail to C:\CFusionMX7/Mail/Undelivr directory
      06:01:10 Moved undelivered mail: Mail47741.cfmail to C:\CFusionMX7/Mail/Undelivr directory

exception.log:
      03:01:12 Exception reading response; nested exception is: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out javax.mail.MessagingException: Exception reading response; nested exception is: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.readServerResponse(SMTPTransport.java:1090) at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.issueCommand(SMTPTransport.java:1019) at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.finishData(SMTPTransport.java:942) at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:391) at coldfusion.mail.MailSpooler.deliver(MailSpooler.java:795) at coldfusion.mail.MailSpooler.sendMail(MailSpooler.java:704) at coldfusion.mail.MailSpooler.deliverStandard(MailSpooler.java:984) at coldfusion.mail.MailSpooler.run(MailSpooler.java:949) at coldfusion.scheduling.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:201) at coldfusion.scheduling.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:70)

There are 3 more identical entries in the exception.log for the additional attempts to send this email.

How do I stop CF from moving into the Undelivr folder an email that actually got sent? Is this a CF problem, a Java problem, or a mail server problem? Is there a setting somewhere I can tweak?

CFMX7 Standard Edition v. 7,0,2,142559
      Windows 2003
      Java v.1.4.2_12
      Java VM v.1.4.2_12-b03

Any ideas?

Joy