10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2016 9:39 AM by phildunphyever

Edit a PDF document

tlbrown1644

How do I edit a pdf document?

• 1. Re: Edit a PDF document
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Typically, you wouldn't want to edit a PDF document. You would want to edit the original document and create a new PDF.

At any rate, editing cannot be done with Reader. Depending on the type and extent of the editing (you haven't mentioned what you want to do), you "may" be able to do some of it in Acrobat. There is no single answer for your question as you've asked it.

• 2. Re: Edit a PDF document
            tlbrown1644 Level 1

Thanks for your response.

I don't have the original document, but it is a flyer that was saved as a pdf file.  I want to keep the flyer and just change the dates and some other minor informaiton.

Tina L. Brown

MSG, USAR

APG Regional Director

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world."

-Mahatma Gandhi

• 3. Re: Edit a PDF document

That is within the ability of Adobe Acrobat. You can always download the trial version to see if it works.

What you can do will vary from one PDF to the other and depends on what you would want to do. If the flyer just needs some very minor text changed AND you have the exact same font that was used installed on your machine, you could probably do it.

• 4. Re: Edit a PDF document
                tlbrown1644 Level 1

Okay, but how?  I already have Adobe, I just need to edit this document asap.  Can you be more specific as to how?

Tina L. Brown

MSG, USAR

APG Regional Director

-Mahatma Gandhi

• 5. Re: Edit a PDF document

You would use the touchup text tool.

When you say Adobe (Adobe is a company not an application), I can only assume you mean Acrobat.

• 6. Re: Edit a PDF document
                    Level 1

There ways you would take for reference:

1. If you can find the original files that generated the PDF file, you can directly edit the original ones and save a new PDF. Cute PDF Writer as a free PDF Creator would help.

2. If you want to directly edit PDF document, you would try to use Adobe Acrobat or Foxit editor. But they are not easy to learn and both of them are expensive to afford if you just wanna use it sometimes.

3. Here I would emphsize this free alternative way. You can convert PDF to Word then edit PDF in Word process. Try to use AnyBizSoft free PDF to Word Converter, which can help you save all the original text,layouts,hyperlinks and graphics in an editable word document. After editing, you can save the word document as PDF file using Cute PDF Writer.

• 7. Re: Edit a PDF document
                      trav008

My experience with editing a PDF document whether it be a free product or paid, is very few will be able to convert the document say to Microsoft Word 100 percent of the time with perfect accuracy. It depends a lot on the actual layout of the PDF document.

I have used numerous products over the years, some good and some not so good. Depends on the product.

The two that I found the best at a reasonable cost are Nitro PDF Professional and AnyBizSoft. Nitro costing a bit more but offers a lot of additional tools when working with a PDF Document and faster when converting the document.

Dan

• 8. Re: Edit a PDF document
                        ArdisW Level 1

I find Nitro is a little complicated. Anyway, I find the easiest way for me is AnyBizSoft.

• 9. Re: Edit a PDF document
                          tlbrown1644 Level 1

Thanks!

Tina L. Brown

MSG, USAR

APG Regional Director

-Mahatma Gandhi

• 10. Re: Edit a PDF document
                            phildunphyever

I'm trying to edit a PDF with the Touchup text tool that was created from Adobe LiveCycle, but I am unable to change or add to any of the text.

I have noticed that I am able to make changes when I add a password to the document and the "Change Document" is in the Allowed status, but I do not want to add a password each time.

Any help is appreciated!