6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2010 11:00 AM by the_wine_snob

Music cuts out at the start of every clip.

krucks

Hello I really need some help with Adobe Premiere Elements 8. Ive made one project and I go to add music to it and once it loads and everything is fine i press play and right at the start or very close to the start of every new video clip, the music cuts out, I pause and play the project and it works again! Untill you run into another clip and then it cuts out! Very frustrating, ive been using elements for a while now and I cannot figgure out what it is. Please Help!!

• 1. Re: Music cuts out at the start of every clip.
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Can you tell us about the format of the music files? Is it MP3? If so, convert those to 48KHz 16-bit PCM/WAV files in an audio editing program, like the great, free Audacity. Then, Import the WAV files and use those instead.

Also, as Audio (and Video) playback are very highly dependent on one's computer's I/O sub-system, i.e. the HDD's, their size, speed, free space, controller type and how they are allocated. Can you tell us all about your HDD's?

Good luck, and welcome to the forum,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Music cuts out at the start of every clip.
            krucks Level 1

Hey, thanks for replying so quickly,

I converted the audio files to the .wav that you suggested. And no change, a bit more of an update with the problem; I find if at the start of every clip it cuts out, I am able to rewind a bit and wait for it to reload, and it works fine, but on initial playback it cannot. Also with a different movie I made it worked fine because the clips I used for it were all running at 100% playback speed. The ones I am having the trouble with are running at maximum speed (10,000%).  I was also informed that I should tell you I am using a laptop, and therefor I have only one HDD if I am correct, (not very computer literate) and its a 250 GB, with 4GB of RAM. Running with about 60 GB of free space. I tried to look in control panel for the other information you requested and was unsuccesful. Maybe let me know where to find it and I can let you know.. And in the end I am assuming that Premiere is glitching out because of this small computer..........

I appreciate your help.........

• 3. Re: Music cuts out at the start of every clip.
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It definitely sounds like your computer may not be fast enough to work with the video and audio you're editing.

Do you know how fast your processor is? What operating system you're using?

Also, what type of camcorder is your video coming from?

If there are red lines above your video clips on your timeline, have you pressed the Enter key to render it before playing back your timeline? (The red lines will turn green.)

• 4. Re: Music cuts out at the start of every clip.
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Only one hard drive is simply not going to work very well... I did "OK" with SD material with 2 drives, but now that I'm moving to AVCHD I have a new computer with 3 drives http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith/ADOBE.HTM

This is aimed at Premiere Pro, but may help
                A link with many ideas about computer setup http://forums.adobe.com/thread/436215?tstart=0

Work through all of the steps (ideas) listed at http://ppro.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting

If your problem isn't fixed after you follow all of the steps, report back with ALL OF THE DETAILS asked for in the FINALLY section, the questions at the end of the troubleshooting link... most especially the codec used... see Question 1

• 5. Re: Music cuts out at the start of every clip.
                  krucks Level 1

hey thanks guys, i am about 98.37% sure that the problem is that my computer is not

fast enough. but im managing to work around it. and thanks for letting me know that

you can render your workspace by pressing enter. I had always know to let it finish rendering before playing. but the enter option is much faster. thanks

for your help.

• 6. Re: Music cuts out at the start of every clip.
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Hope that you have found a workaround, and that all will proceed, as needed and desired.

Good luck,

Hunt