1 Reply Latest reply on May 12, 2010 3:33 PM by ~graffiti

HOW DO YOU ENABLE HIGHLIGHTING TOOL!!!!!

ASHLEYARRINGTON7

I HAVE ADOBE READER 9.

I SCAN A LOT OF DOCUMENTS THAT HAVE THINGS HIGHLIGHTED ON THEM, BUT WHEN I SCAN THEM AND LOOK AT THEM ON ADOBE, THE THINGS THAT I HIGHLIGHTED DO NOT SHOW UP.

THERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A HIGHLIGHTER TOOL ON YOUR PROGRAM SO THAT I CAN MANUELLY  HIGH LIGHT THE THINGS I NEED.

I HAVE GONE THROUGH ALL YOUR HELP ON THE INTERNET, ON THE PROGRAM ITSELF, AND I HAVE CALLED YOU SUPPORT BUT NO ONE COULD HELP ME, THEY SAID I HAD TO SEND IT IN THIS WAY.

IF YOU COULD PLEASE CALL ME AND HELP ME OUT SETTING THIS UP THAT WOULD BE WONDERFUL!

I AM IN THE OFFICE 8AM-4:30 PM MONDAY - FRIDAY!!

OTHERWISE EMAIL HOW I DO THIS TO:

PLEASE! LET ME KNOW HOW TO SET THIS UP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!

IT SAYS I HAVE TO ENABLE THIS SOMEHOW BUT I CAN NOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!

THANKS!

[personal contact info removed by host]

• 1. Re: HOW DO YOU ENABLE HIGHLIGHTING TOOL!!!!!
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi. This isn't an official channel to Adobe support. It's a public forum so your information is available for all to see. Plus, we don't call or email people. We answer the questions here.

That being said, in order to have the ability to highlight a document in Adobe Reader, you would need to have that document specially enabled using Adobe Acrobat. There is no way to do this in Reader alone. Typically, someone enables the file with Acrobat so that many others can highlight or make comments...etc.

I'll mention to the moderators that you have posted personal info and see if they can delete it.

Good luck.