Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Table of content in a dynamic form

Level 1

Hi

As I am new to building forms, can someone please let me know if it is possible to have a working table of content in a form?

cheers,

Jo

7 Replies

Level 1

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the delay in reply, we have a couple of forms that are really huge and the company insists on having a table of contents (like a word doc) in these forms, can I get the tables I have built to add in the page numbers from the headings in these forms, so you want me to send you one that I did so you get a better undestanding of what I mean, because sometimes I confuse myself.

Cheers

Jo

Level 1

Hi Paul,

Thank you for trying to help, I told you I get a little confusing at times.

I sent you through two documents, the word version is the original document that was given to me by my company to convert to a form, naturally the PDF is what I have done so far. Management are happy with it but have asked that a table of content be added to the working LiveCycle form as it is in the example in the word document.

Can I create a working table of content in the form on the second page to look and work like they do in word documents?

On another unrelated form that I am about to start working on... Is it possible to create forms with excel calculations in the background to create quotes ?

Cheers,

Jo

Former Community Member

Ok I get it now.

You will not be able to autogenerate the TOC but you will be able to provide links that will take you to the appropriate section.

I will modify your form and reply in th eemail that you sent.

Paul

Level 1

Hi Paul, thank you for you help, sorry it has aken so long to reply as I am in AUS the time difference always get the better of me and I have been away. I can see what you have done however I cannot see where the buttons click event were you put a xfa host.setfocus?? You will have excuse my dumbness as I have had no training what so eve.

cheers Jo

Former Community Member

Make sure you have the script editor open (under the Window menu). In the top left is a dropdown that lets you list the events for the object that has focus. If an event has script behind it then you will see an mark beside it. Choose it and your script will appear.

Paul