2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2006 9:25 PM by doctor_zaius

Display WebHelp with Navigation Tab Closed?

doctor_zaius
      Hi everyone,

I want to display X5 webhelp with the navigation frameset present, but with all tabs closed. The current layout settings for webhelp do not appear to allow this, although HTML Help layout does provide this option. I am already aware that I can display webhelp without the navigation frameset altogether, but that is not what I want. Since the user can close the navigation tabs manually, I bet the frameset can be modified to display closed by default. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,

Jesse
        • 1. Re: Display WebHelp with Navigation Tab Closed?
          RoboWizard Level 4
          Hi Jesse

Unless I'm mistaken, I've covered this aspect in my Skinny on Skins file. If you have it, look inside the book labeled "Navigation Pane". Inside is another book labeled "Hiding the pane" and inside that book are a couple of pages outlining how to hide the pane when the system loads up.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Display WebHelp with Navigation Tab Closed?
            doctor_zaius Level 1
            Hi Rick,

You are correct! I somehow missed that entire subfolder in the Skinny. Your wonderful resource more than answers my questions. Someday I'll have to tell you about how I'm wrapping 50 Captivate SWF movies inside X5 WebHelp and cramming the output of that into a single pane CHM (skinned CHM). Kind of a pain, but does exactly what I want. The closed TOC was the last hurdle.

Thanks for the 100th time!

Jesse