4 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2010 8:48 AM by luca.fox

If condiction in forms

luca.fox

Hi to all the community. I'm really a beginner, and I'd like to ask you "how to do".

I'm usign LC to realize a form to pick infos coming form different areas of the company.

What I'd like to do is to condiction the appearance of a piece of the form just in case the filler selects an answer. I try to explain better:

in a multiple chose box, if the filler selects the answer 1, it must appear a set of questions; if he selects the answer 2, it must appear an other set of questions.

I've red about subforms, but I think it's not exectly what I need.

Is there anywhere a guide (a simple guide) explaining the basis to do this?

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: If condiction in forms
          pguerett Level 6

The easiest way to do this is to use the presence property to hide/show the parts of the form you want to control. I woudl wrap all of the questions that need to appear together in a subform. That way you can hide/show the subform and all of the contents of that subform will aquire the parent setting. If you do not then you will have to hide/show each individual object.

Now you can test the value of your choice box to see what the user selected then change the presence accordingly....somethig like this:

if (ChoiceListName == 1){

subformQuestionsA.presence = "visible";

subformQuestionsB.presence = "hidden";

} else {

subformQuestionsB.presence = "visible";

subformQuestionsA.presence ="hidden";

}

Paul

• 2. Re: If condiction in forms
            luca.fox Level 1

Hi Paul, thanks for your reply.

It seems this is the way to do what I need.

I've an other question for you. It's more "operative" than the previous.

Now is clear I can create a subform and let it appear when I like (VIZ when the filler gives certain answers). It's not really clear how I can directly connect the answer to the appearance of the subform. I've seen the code and I think I can undestand it, but can't realize where and when to write it down.

If it's not a problem for you, could you give me precise instruction of how to proceed?

Thanks again.

Luca

• 3. Re: If condiction in forms
              pguerett Level 6

It woudl be easier if you shared the form, then I coudl do the 1st question to show you and you could do the rest. If you send the file and and explanation to LiveCycle8@gmail.com I will have a look when I can.

paul

• 4. Re: If condiction in forms
                luca.fox Level 1

This will help.

Good, I'm sending.

Where to find a complete but SIMPLE guide for Livecycle beginners??

Luca