• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash, Flex... make up your mind please

Explorer ,
May 13, 2010 May 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked around and I see tons of people totall confused with these, including myself. First Adobe says Flex Builder is now renamed to Flash Builder, ok good, but why then everywhere you go you still see Flex word.

For example in Flash Builder documentations you can find Flex word everywhere. Then code hints says something like this: you can do this or that in Flex... and I was like I don't see properly obviously I opened Flash Builder 4 software but everywhere I go it says Flex again.

Then we have Flex framework, if Flex doesn't exists anymore, then you should rename this to Flash framework.

Then#2 we have on Adobe's web pages things like: Flex 4 is the latest production quality release.  ok great latest, since its not LAST, when is Flex 5 coming out ? this is what I'm talking about when I say people are confused.

Why don't you (Adobe) finally decide what name you want to use and then stick by it and rename old ones already.

Like I said I've found ton of people confused with these since Adobe didn't make it clear, if Adobe choosed Flash Builder to be new name then please USE it, don't confuse people without no need.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like some people still haven't gotten over the name change yet.

Flex is the SDK which is free

Flash Builder is the IDE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah and in Flash Builder documents text that says "Flex version 4" is just my imagination...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't know, I Guess it doesn't bother me any...

sure less bothersome than developing HTML pages and worrying about having it display properly across OS and browsers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines