3 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2010 7:40 AM by the_wine_snob

CS5 feature request - audio import?

SiliconPixel Level 1

Does anyone else think a feature request to add an "ask" option for PREFERENCES-AUDIO-DEFAULT TRACK FORMAT would be a great idea?

I'm constantly having to switch between stereo and mono etc when importing different types of files from different camera types etc. A pain.

Paul.

• 1. Re: CS5 feature request - audio import?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Paul,

Not sure exactly what you are looking to do here. One can set up a default Sequence layout, and that will be what is initially shown, with New Sequence.

My default is 2 Mono, 4 Stereo and a DD 5.1 SS Master. If I know that I will have a Sequence with more SFX Mono Tracks, I just bump that count up, when doing New Sequence. Same of Stereo, if I know that I will have, say more Music Tracks.

Are you saying that you'd like "floating channel-counts" for Tracks, so that they could be either Mono, or Stereo? If so, I do not see that happening.

If you are asking for maybe a Click+drag on Audio Tracks to rearrange them, like many DAW programs, that would be different. Though I use the PrPro method of Create/Delete Tracks, to get the order/arrangement that I need, the Click+drag is not a bad idea, and many have filed that Feature Request, including myself, though I am comfortable with the current method, and can easily live with it.

Can you clarify a bit more?

Thanks and good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: CS5 feature request - audio import?
            SiliconPixel Level 1

Hi Bill,

No, that's not what I meant.

What I'm referring to is when you import material and how the audio is then treated.

Checks again...

AHHHH, moment of understanding!!!

I just realised there's now a MODIFY- AUDIO CHANNELS option for clips - didn't see that before - fantastic, this is perfect! Problem solved!

As you say though, being able to re-order tracks in a clip by dragging (with a modifier) would be REALLY nice

Cheers,

Paul.

• 3. Re: CS5 feature request - audio import?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Hey, that was quick!

Also, you taught me something new in CS5. I would never have known about that - CiaB CS5 will ship to me soon, and should arrive about the time that I finish CiaB CS4.

Good luck,

Hunt