2 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2010 6:47 AM by 1000Bushels

CS3 Templates managing relative file paths in AC_FL_RunContent

1000Bushels

Hi,

If I insert a Flash media resource (e.g. a .swf file) into a template, Dreamweaver CS3 inserts two sections of HTML into the template to display the resource; a <script> section and a <noscript> section. Then if I create a number of HTML files from the template which are stored in sub-folders which have different relative file paths to the resource from the template, then when DW builds the HTML files from the template, it correctly edits the relative file paths in the <noscript> section but does not correctly edit the relative file paths in the <script> section. So the resource does not display in browsers which have javascript enabled for the files which have different relative file paths from the resource.

Is there a solution for this that I can use with my CS3 other than: (a) manually editing the code by hand outside of DW; or (b) upgrade to CS4 or CS5; or (c) have multiple copies of the resource in different locations with the correct relative file paths from the HTML files.

I have read something about Edit > Preferences > Code Rewriting > uncheck the Active Content preferences but I do not know if that is in a different version of Dreamweaver because my CS3 version does not appear to have that.

Thanks,

-A Novice.

• 1. Re: CS3 Templates managing relative file paths in AC_FL_RunContent
          1000Bushels Level 1

Oh, BTW, I forgot to say, I/we cannot use site-relative file paths because this question is posted on behalf of a school where the kids are taught to use DW to create web-sites but the sites are not actually ever published to any web servers. The sites are only ever viewed by previewing the site in DW or by double-clicking on the index.html page from Windows Explorer. And because the kids are not being taught how to hand-code HTML (or how to hand-code anything come to that), editing the HTML by hand is not a solution. Really, we need a solution where DW will do it automatically and properly (without spending money on upgrading to CS4 or CS5 (if possible).

Thanks again,

-Still A Novice

• 2. Re: CS3 Templates managing relative file paths in AC_FL_RunContent
            1000Bushels Level 1

Oh, and BTW, putting the resources in the root folder is not

considered an acceptable solution by the teachers because

the teach the kids to put all the different file types in different sub-folders to be neat and organised but actually I am not sure if it is a requirement of the examination board.

I would be grateful for a reply, even if it is just to confirm that there is no fix (apart from manual code editing or upgrading to CS4 or CS5), so that I can confirm to the teachers that there is no fix and then I can close this support incident.

Thanks again,

-Still A Novice.