2 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2010 12:40 PM by Fishooter

Deleting unused camera data

Fishooter

Is there a way to safely delete the hundreds of extra "camera" and "lens" profiles from CS5 for all of the manufactures equipment that I will never own or use on my system?

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Scott

• 1. Re: Deleting unused camera data
          MadManChan2000 Adobe Employee

Hi Scott,

Yes, you could, but it's a manual process. And if you ever update Camera Raw, you'll get all the other color & lens profiles installed again.

Please let me know if you're still interested, and I'll provide the steps.

The hesitation on my part is because I doubt that removing them will actually provide a real-world benefit (that is, you may spend more time removing them over time, than had you just left them there ...)

Eric

• 2. Re: Deleting unused camera data
            Fishooter Level 1

Thanks for you help Eric.  I thought the answer might be something along those lines.  Sounds kind of futile for a relatively small saving in hard drive space.  A very quick search of my /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw folder shows that if I remove all of the camera/lens data for models I will never use, it would free up 186.5 MB.  But then it would come right back....

Thanks again.  Have a great day!

Scott