4 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2010 5:21 AM by Steve Grisetti

Bill Hunt - One more question

NC Lady Panthers

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the quick response!  When you're talking about the field order, etc, are you saying I need to change how I record the bball games or can I simply change the setting on my computer to match my camera and it should fix the video problem?  PLEASE tell me I just need to change a setting and re-burn the dvd.....I don't have to do the entire video over, do I????  ALSO, you said to go to the website G-Spot???  Can you give me the full website address?  When I google that you can imagine what websites pull up!!!     THANKS!

• 1. Re: Bill Hunt - One more question
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Actually, Steve addressed the Field Order issue in your other THREAD. The proper Project Preset for your camera will make it as good as it gets. An HDD camera, or a mini-DVD camera, will not be the best to capture and edit higher motion work, due to the initial MPEG-2 Encoding applied in-camera. Still, the results can be OK, if the Project Preset chosen is for an HDD camera.

As for G-Spot, you can either click on that word in my previous post - it's a link, like the word "THREAD" above. Note the color (unless you are reading via e-mail). Anyway, the link is: http://www.headbands.com/gspot. While it's a great utility, I wish they'd named it something else. Yes, I can imagine the sites that Google would turn up!

Good luck, and do follow Steve's links to his Basic Training for PrE in the other threads.

Also, it would be best to just do a Reply in your initial thread, so that things can stay together. With three threads going, we can easily get confused, and it will likely confuse others in the future, as answers are scattered around in several discussions.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Bill Hunt - One more question
            nealeh Level 5

Gspot (no hyphen) refers to the codec identification utility. G-Spot (with hyphen) is short for Gräfenberg Spot and refers to the bean-shaped area of the vagina .

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 3. Re: Bill Hunt - One more question
              NC Lady Panthers Level 1

Thanks for the help!!!  I did go to Steve's Getting Started tutorial.  The problem is, we never found where we could change our settings.  We are using Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 and we looked under every possible category to change it (under New Project, etc) and we can't find where it will let us change anything.  Sorry - I'm just a bball coach, but our 2 tech teachers are working with me on this and they have listened to Steve's tutorial, as well and we can't figure it out.  We see it if we are on Adobe Premiere Pro, but not Elements 3.0.  Can you help me?  And, does this mean I will have to re-capture all my videos and start this project over or is there any possible way to improve the quality of the dvd through the burning process alone? 

Stephani Gray

North Crowley High School

Head Girls Basketball Coach

817-263-1250 School

817-296-2942 Cell

This electronic message is a private communication that may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the information in or attached to this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete the original message from your system.

In its efforts to promote nondiscrimination, Crowley ISD does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, or disability in providing education services, activities, and programs, including vocational programs, in accordance with Title VI  of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Title I X of the Educational Amendments of 1972; and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.

Declaración Antidiscriminatoria En sus esfuerzos para no promover la discriminación, Crowley ISD no discrimina en base a la raza, religión, color de piel, nacionalidad, sexo o discapacidad proveyendo los servicios y los programas educativos, incluyendo los programas de formación profesional, según el título VI de la Ley de los Derechos Civiles de 1964 y sus modificaciones; Título IX de las Enmiendas Educacionales de 1972; y la Sección 504 de la ley de Rehabilitación de 1973 y sus modificaciones.

• 4. Re: Bill Hunt - One more question
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

In version 2, the opening "splash" screen gives you the option of creating a new project or opening an old.

In the upper right corner is a button labeled Set-up. Click that to change your project settings.