2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2011 6:41 AM by FEbbert

Fireworks CS5 Resizes Window on Startup

danofiveo

Hello,

Everytime I start Fireworks CS5 on Windows 7, it resizes the application window making it smaller. It reduces the horizontal and vertical size. Is there any way to prevent it from doing this. This is very annoying. It does not appear that the other applications in the CS5 Suite have this problem. The other applications that I have used (Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Illustrator) maintain their position and size between sessions.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Dan

• 1. Re: Fireworks CS5 Resizes Window on Startup
          Linda Nicholls Level 4

One thing you could try is maximizing the application window and then save the current layout. You'll find that enabled by the layout mode drop down menu at the top right of the main toolbar.

• 2. Re: Fireworks CS5 Resizes Window on Startup
            FEbbert

I reproduced the behavior and got it to stop - with a penalty

This has been devilling me for a couple of years in Fw CS4 and now Fw CS5.  I don't have a definitive answer yet, but I did get Fw to open without resizing on startup again. 

Problem Started for Me When

I have several custom panels I developed in Flash.  After installing my SWF files and activating them in Fw, I get the resizing behavior.  Grrrrrr

I Tried These to No Avail

I have found precious few references to this issue anywhere on the web.  Here's what I could find and tried.

1. Sized the window, created a new layout as Linda recommended.  No joy.  This only seems to control the size and location of active panels and toolbars
            2. Deactivating my panels doesn't stop the behavior. 
            3. Deleting only my panels from the Fw folders (both Program Files & %Appdata) doesn't stop the behavior. 

So Far This Has Stopped the Behavior

I deleted all Fw Panels (but kept the Command Panels folder) from both:

1. Program Files (x86) > Adobe > Adobe Fireworks CS#.# > Configuration > Command Panels
            2. Users > Username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Fireworks CS#.# > Command Panels

I restarted Fw, sized it like I wanted and restarted.  So far, so good.

I Put Back The Panels Shipped

The Command Panels shipped with CS5 don't seem to create the behavior. 

Fixing My Panels

I'm going to run some research and experiments with how I export the custom panel movies out of Flash to try to remove the behavior.  If anyone has any tips I'd love to hear about it.

I'll repost what I find.  It may be a few days.

Cheers!

Frank Ebbert