1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 19, 2010 6:36 AM by Russatwork

How do you change the default save as directory when saving a PDF file to your hard drive?

Peeper100

This is the on-line help instructions on this site:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Downloading a PDF file to your hard drive

You can download a PDF file to the hard drive from a web page's link. Downloading PDF files doesn't require the ActiveX plug-in file to be installed. (If you want to open and view the PDF file after downloading it, you must have Acrobat, Adobe Reader, or Acrobat Reader installed.)

To download a PDF file from a link:

1. Right-click the link to a PDF file, and then choose Save Target As from the pop-up menu.

2. In the Save As dialog box, select a location on your hard drive, and then click Save.

------------------------------------------------------------------

My issue:  I want to save several pdf files (from the Adobe Reader in my browser) one at a time and each time it defaults the save as directory to the desktop and I have to go looking for the directory I last saved a pdf file in.  I got lots of directories and I wish I could change the default setting for the save as directory.  Just a minor thing but irritating as other programs usually will allow you to switch the default save as directory to one of your choosing.