8 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2010 3:53 AM by Matt Le Fevre

need help

dt_dmc

hi, i built a web using flex 3. but in some browser my web can't be loaded unless i directly load the swf file (www.mydomain.com/index.swf instead of www.mydomain.com). anyone ever had this problem? tks.

• 1. Re: need help
          BhaskerChari Level 4

I think you need to set the default page to be browsed as your web html file....in your Domain server.

I mean to say www.mydomain.com is your domain then you want to load your Flex app just by browsing the link www.mydomain.com instead of www.mydomain.com/index.html then you need to set the default page to be browsed as index.html when you directly browse www.mydomain.com

So you need to set in your domain that default page to be browsed as index.html when you directly browse your domain link.

Hope this helps you...Please mark as answer if it helped you...

Thanks,

Bhasker Chari.S

• 2. Re: need help
            Matt Le Fevre Level 4

what embed code are you using on your index.html page?

• 3. Re: need help
              dt_dmc Level 1

hi,

i already set my default page to be browsed as index.html. this file calls my javascript which in turn calls my index.swf. so it seems that there is a problem in my javascript (only on some browsers). but if the problem really is in my javascript, how do i modify it since it is being built automatically everytime i compile my app? tks.

dante

• 4. Re: need help
                Madhav Subedi Level 4

which browsers are you getting these problems with?

• 5. Re: need help
                  Matt Le Fevre Level 4

why not just use embed tags rather than javascript? i'm assuming you're just using the template file that is churned out with the project by default?

• 6. Re: need help
                    dt_dmc Level 1

embed tags...? what is embed tags & how do i do it? please help...

tks.

• 7. Re: need help
                      Jayagopal Flex Level 1

Hi,

You do one thing just redirect the swf files using your index page. Inside this folder www.mydomain.com

you create and index file(.php or .aspx) and in that file you just redirect or call the html file corresponding to the index.swf file.

Regards,

Jayagopal

• 8. Re: need help
                        Matt Le Fevre Level 4

dt_dmc wrote:

embed tags...? what is embed tags & how do i do it? please help...

tks.

just create a blank html file, name it index.html and something like this (obviously with the correct .swf name)

<embed src="example.swf" quality="high"
                             width="500" height="500" name="example.swf" value="example.swf" align="middle"
                             play="true"
                             loop="false"
                             wmode="transparent"
                             quality="high"
                             allowScriptAccess="sameDomain"
                             type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="example.swf"
                             pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer">
                        </embed>

there is no need for the template file the project automatically creates