4 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2010 10:49 PM by Silkrooster

Why No Mini Bridge In AI CS 5?

Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

The mini bridge is rapidly becoming my favorite features but it is not available in Illustrator, Illustrator supports drag and drop from the find as does Photoshop CS 5, I am glad that Photoshop now supports drag and drop from the finder but wonder why they did not bother to bring the mini bridge to illustrator which would make it simpler to find items to drag and drop with the the need to exit the document foocus.

Doesn't quit make sense to not support this feature in Illustrator which would benefit greatly for it.

• 1. Re: Why No Mini Bridge In AI CS 5?
          Silkrooster Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I still think not all departments comunicate with each other. Or they don't have enough global meetings to show off their features. I would think it would be a good thing if one department wrote the code for something cool that it was shared by all departments to keep all apps unified. It would at least keep multiple departments from designing the same thing. But this looks like a case of a company that is too big for its britches.

• 2. Re: Why No Mini Bridge In AI CS 5?
            davidmacy Adobe Employee

Silkrooster, you are wrong, at least in this case. MiniBridge was initially included in prerelease versions of Illustrator CS5, but the team that builds it decided that they would focus on Photoshop as the only important client going forward so we were forced to pull the plug.

• 3. Re: Why No Mini Bridge In AI CS 5?
              Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

But InDesign has it as well and I think this is like the craziest omission I can think of and they have made some serious ones in the past.

Hopefully the next version all the apps will have it and that in case there are any problems it will be done in the way so that it will not cause any unforeseen difficulties.

thanks for the answer David. Good you can find a little time to visit here as with this thread we all guess and you know better.

• 4. Re: Why No Mini Bridge In AI CS 5?
                Silkrooster Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Thanks for replying. I obviously do not know what goes on behind the doors, hense the small joke at the end of my last post. I understand that things come up and things get pulled sometimes not for the good of the apps, but due to time limits and other unforeseen issues. It is my hope that more is done to keep all departments in the loop of other projects. As that is good for the entire company. The more unfied all the apps are working with each other the better.