4 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2010 5:46 AM by Gene Godsey

Connecting to the database

Gene Godsey

I am getting this error:

--------------------------------

Unable to Invoke CFC - Error Executing Database
      Query.
      [Macromedia]{SQLServer JDBC Driver]{SQLServer]Invalid object name 'Contact'

--------------------------------

What does this mean. Do I need to instal a driver on my virtual server.

• 1. Re: Connecting to the database
          cheftimo Level 2

Can’t tell unless you give more info:

What version of CF are you using?

Show the CFC code and we can take a look.

• 2. Re: Connecting to the database
            Gene Godsey Level 1

ColdFusion 9

This is the code generator inj Flex.....It says I am having issues with the KDBC drivers or lack of them to MS-SQL 2008.

There error is pretty self explanitory. I will assume that I need to download the jdbc drivers for the MS-SQL database..   Not completely sure.

• 3. Re: Connecting to the database
              cheftimo Level 2

The error you show in your original post is an error generated by the JDBC driver; it does not say anything about an outdated or missing driver; it does say there is an invalid object name (that’d probably in you Flex code). Since ColdFusion 9 is more recent than MSSQL 2008, I would assume CF 9 has the right drivers – but since I am still using CF 8 and MSSQL 2005, I can’t be sure.

I see error messages similar to yours once in a while and they always turn out to be a typo in my Flex code.

Have you tested your CFC in a CFM page?

If you still have problems after you update your drivers, post the relevant CFC and Flex codes and I will be glad to take a look.

Carlos

• 4. Re: Connecting to the database
                Gene Godsey Level 1

Well I did the unthinkable --- I went to Microsoft's website   LOL.

I downloaded the JDBC drivers for SQL 2008 enterprise server. Now the one thing I need to know is where in the Flashbuilder IDE to I do the SQL JDBC driver mappings? My IDE needs to point to the JDBC drivers.

Thanks in advance.