2 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2010 5:16 AM by upbabble@gmail.com

Default New File Type In Files Panel

upbabble@gmail.com

Hello...in DW CS5, when I right click on a directory in my local root folder and select New File, the default extension for the new file is php.  The default new document type in the Preferences dialog box is html. Doesn't the Preferences dialog box new document type define the default extension when I right click to create a new file in the Files Panel? Thanks for any help.

• 1. Re: Default New File Type In Files Panel
          Randy Edmunds Adobe Employee

Hello...in DW CS5, when I right click on a directory in my local root folder and select New File, the default extension for the new file is php.  The default new document type in the Preferences dialog box is html. Doesn't the Preferences dialog box new document type define the default extension when I right click to create a new file in the Files Panel? Thanks for any help.

I am not sure what the exact order of priority is, but the Server Model for your Site is also taken into consideration. Try setting it to "none". Sites can have a mix of pages from any Server Model, so changing that setting shouldn't affect any functionality of your Site.

HTH,

Randy

• 2. Re: Default New File Type In Files Panel
            upbabble@gmail.com Level 1

Randy,

I set the server model to "None" as you suggested and the default extension when I right click to create a new file in the Files Panel matches up with the default in the Preferences diaolg box.

Thanks for the help!

Upbubble