3 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2011 8:11 PM by JustinCase.ftw

3of9Barcode TrueType font does not display

MarkKenyon2

I'm trying to create a PDF with a barcode. I can do it in other products... but when I view the PDF there is a big blank spot.

When I view the Document Properties, I see:

pdfProps.jpg

• 1. Re: 3of9Barcode TrueType font does not display
          pwillener Level 8

MarkKenyon2 wrote:

I'm trying to create a PDF ...

With what - Acrobat?  Best post in the Acrobat forum then.

• 2. Re: 3of9Barcode TrueType font does not display
            MarkKenyon2 Level 1

I am exporting a report/document from a 3rd party piece of software. The barcode is visible in that software. When I export to PDF, and view in Adobe Reader (the only Adobe product in the mix at this point) the font does not work.

Does Adobe have issues with certain fonts? Is it lacking in it's abilities? Is there a 3of9 barcode font that works in Adobe and other applications that I don't have to pay for?

• 3. Re: 3of9Barcode TrueType font does not display
              JustinCase.ftw Level 1

I'll add to this.  I'm also seeing the same.

1) Install the "Free 3 of 9 Font" TrueType font on three computers

2) On one of these with Adobe Acrobat, create the PDF form, set the field to use the "Free 3 of 9 Font" and populate the field data with *123*.  Obviously, the barcode font appears as expected.

3) Save the PDF file

4) On another machine (MacBook) with Preview v4.2 and the "Free 3 of 9 Font" installed, you can see the barcode

5) On another machine (PC) with Adobe Reader 9 and the "Free 3 of 9 Font" installed, you cannot see the barcode