9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2010 4:02 AM by wurre

ACR 6.1 RC Installation problem

fotosula Level 1

When I open the dmg file there is a program AdobePatchInstaller and a folder called payload. When I try to run the installer an error message is displayed. I'm running a swedish version of OS X, hence the text is in swedish. Translated it says: You are already running Adobe Application Manager! Please close all instances to continue with this installation.

I have checked in activities if I have a process running which could be AAM. Nothing!

Anyone having the same problem, or is it just med with a swedish OS X and an english CS5?

• 1. Re: ACR 6.1 RC Installation problem
          CR Henderson Level 3

Try rebooting your computer.  I had this problem on both my iMac and my MacBook Pro.  Rebooting and then executing the AdobePatchInstaller app solved it for me.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: ACR 6.1 RC Installation problem
            fotosula Level 1

Thank You. Rebooting solved the issue. I had tried logout and login but that didn't help.

I think Adobe have a problem here with Application Manager. Not  running any Adobe app and still have instances of AAM sort of running is not what suppose to happen.

• 3. Re: ACR 6.1 RC Installation problem
              wurre

The same istallation problem here with Windows Vista. Rebooting doesn´t help, searching for running services/apps gives nothing.

However, on my XP machine the update runs fine.

That does little to comfort me though, as I need to use my Vista machine...

I hope Adobe sort this out to the full release.

• 4. Re: ACR 6.1 RC Installation problem
                Pronil Sengupta

Hi,

While you get this error to close "Adobe Application Manager" which all Adobe CS5 produts are in launched state? Can you please check the task manager if there is two entries of the launched product? In case there is no Adobe CS5 product launched, is in task manager any Adobe CS5 product listed? If there are close them all and try again. Also please check if there is any Adobe screen such as serialization, Adobe ID or anything related to Adobe is open.

Regards,

Pronil

• 5. Re: ACR 6.1 RC Installation problem
                  fotosula Level 1

Hi,

I couldn't see any Adobe related process in the task manager. I tried 

to open PS and from there activated Updates. The app manager was 

launched which I also could see in the task manager. After closing the 

app manager and PS no Adobe task was running.

I tried to logout and login in again but the problem remained. Finally 

I rebooted OS X and after that I successfully was able to update to 

ACR 6.1.

I also tried to run AdobePatchInstaller with PS open. In that case AAM 

displayed a message that PS was open and had to be closed i.e. a 

totally expected behaviour compared to the previous error message I 

got before reboot.

Regards,

Lars

18 maj 2010 kl. 06.56 skrev Pronil Sengupta <forums@adobe.com>:

Hi,

>

While you get this error to close "Adobe Application Manager" which 

all Adobe CS5 produts are in launched state? Can you please check 

the task manager if there is two entries of the launched product? In 

case there is no Adobe CS5 product launched, is in task manager any 

Adobe CS5 product listed? If there are close them all and try again. 

Also please check if there is any Adobe screen such as 

serialization, Adobe ID or anything related to Adobe is open.

>

Regards,

Pronil

>

• 6. Re: ACR 6.1 RC Installation problem
                    manjubansal-csupdater Level 1

Such problem may occur when some adobe product installation(setup.exe) is already going on and adobepatchinstaller(ACR 6.1 RC in this case) is launched. Could you please check your task manager to see if any of the following is happenning

a. Two instances of PDApp.exe are running at the same time

b. One PDApp.exe is running and one Setup.exe is running at the same time

c. Setup.exe is running

In case any of the above 3 is happenning, close all instances of PDApp.exe and Setup.exe and try applying the ACR 6.1 RC again.

Thanks,

Manju

• 7. Re: ACR 6.1 RC Installation problem
                      wurre Level 1

I have checked for any possible running service/app and there is nothing that I can identify as related to Adobe.

As I said, on my WinXP machine installation ran fine and I can´t understand why it won´t work with Vista.

I can live without the RC build for now, I´m just worried that there will problems installing the final version. It would really p... me off if I couldn´t install the update when it becomes available.

• 8. Re: ACR 6.1 RC Installation problem
                        manjubansal-csupdater Level 1

Search for AAM Updates Notifier.exe in your task manager and kill it. Try updating again.

Thanks,

Manju

• 9. Re: ACR 6.1 RC Installation problem
                          wurre Level 1

OK, let me say this again:

I have checked for any running app or service related to Adobe and there is no such thing running!

Obviously the full release is now available and even this refuses to install under the same excuse: "another instance of updater is already running".

And I repeat again: no instance of updater IS running!

This is turning into a nightmare. I haven´t had these problems before CS5 on this machine.