You actually need to create seperate smaller thumbnail images. Don't resize them with html - use your graphics app to create smaller versions of the images.
As bregent says, your thumbnails are the full size images (each at 3MB+) scaled down in DW to be thumbnail size.
The problem with that is that your visitor has to download every image fullsize then view them at thumbnail size (resized by the browser). That puts your page at a total 48MB download when it should be around a total of 100-150KB.
Resize all your images in Irfanview to create separate thumbnails of around 5-10KB each.
You could also look at a different presentation of the photos using something like Lightbox2 http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox2/
Yslow told me it's about 50000 kB of images, that's way to much!
I also wish to put in my two cents: There is (Perhaps you work with it at all?) "Microsoft Office Picture Manager" as an element of "Home and students", with which you also can convert multiple images at once in different sizes. Furthermore, you can correct your images, cut, aso.
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. The IrfanView compressed the under 10 Kib but didn't seem to make much of a difference. Is having those pictures linked to full size images part of the problem at all? Unfortunately, she wants the pictures that size so is there nothing that will help me keep those sizes yet load the page faster?
I think you're missing the point.
You need to actually resize each fullsize image to make a smaller image which will be your thumbnail. Then compress.
e.g.http://www.kmmcement.com/gallery/DSC00486.JPG is 3264px x 2448px.
1. You need to resize that image in Irfanview to 240px x 216px then compress it.
2. Then insert the 240px x 216px thumbnail in your page. (Not the fullsize image which takes far too long to load)
3. Then link each thumbnail to its fullsize version (3264 px x 2448px which is still too big dimensionally for a webpage)
4. Same steps are required for all the fullsize images.
I had already compressed the images but I did not realize that the linked images would be affected too, until you pointed it out in #3, that's what I did and I think it loads much faster. Thank you!