4 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2010 6:56 AM by dman1951

Text color window not responding

dman1951

Text color window & preferences window cancel and save buttons not working. have CS4 on windows 7 64 bit machine. CS4 on other machine vista 32 bit works. Any ideas of what to look at ?

• 1. Re: Text color window not responding
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Do you use a tablet on the machine? A cutomizeable mouse? What graphics card and screen resolution? Sounds like the hit areas don't register properly and thus the buttons are defunct. Could be a resolution mismatch or something stealing the button focus...

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Text color window not responding
            dman1951 Level 1

I have Wacom Intuos 4, but when I remove tablet and use regular DELL mouse I have same issue. Graphics card is ATI HD Radeon 5850, updated driver and installed CS4 updates yesterday. I have 2 Dell 24 inch monitors same problem on both, although same monitor with same resolution 1920 x 1200 works on vista 32 bit machine.  When mouse hovers over button it slightly changes color so it does position, but only way to leave window is to X out. On Text color chg window slider & color window work but not normally, highlighted layer text does change when changing text color but reverts back when X off of Color text. If I select another layer or deselect no layers, the text and stroke color will have been changed, so I can create new text in a changed color & stroke. Edit/Preferences screen I can make changes and use next & previous buttons but have to X off screen and changes are lost, OK and Cancel buttons change shade slightly when position on but do not take left click. I have no problems with photoshop 32 or 64 bit. I am just trying to learn AE so I'm not sure if I have the same issues on other AE screens and don’t feel I should invest more time in learning AE if I can get it to run properly. Still not sure where to look for problem.... Thanks

• 3. Re: Text color window not responding
              dman1951 Level 1

RESOLUTION: Went into (windows 7) control panel / display setting. First screen "Make it easier to read what's on your screen" was set to Larger - 150%, change to smaller 100%, AE now working properly. Thanks for help, prompted me check display settings !

• 4. Re: Text color window not responding
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Ah yes, that would explain it. Unfortunately Adobe apps use custom UI libraries that don't respect accessibility settings and all that (the ongoing troubles with text being too small on big screens and all that). Glad you could find a solution.

Mylenium