2 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2010 2:46 PM by arkady26

DDList openDuration in Flex 4 spark

arkady26

Good day,

i would need to have nice slider effect in spark drop down list control. In mx components i would do it with openDuration and closeDuration properties (i guess so)... How would i do it in spark components? as i understand - i need to use Move effect? But can not find no examples with combo box or ddlist.. could anybody share some example with me?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: DDList openDuration in Flex 4 spark
          TeotiGraphix Level 3

Hi,

I actually tried piecing together something to show you but, it's not that easy.

The new Spark DropDown does not allow for default animation. What I came up with was basically;

- add an open handler to the ComboBox

- create a mask for the dropDown

- create an effect that you play during the open handler

This is crazy, and one reason I'm not posting code since I don't know if it's the correct way or not yet. All I know is there is no easy way to do this without either creating it programmatically like I did or copying that huge skin and added transitions in there.

One problem I also had was trying to get a close effect since the dropDown is already gone before you get your hands on the close handler.

I'll post more if I find anything.

Mike

• 2. Re: DDList openDuration in Flex 4 spark
            arkady26 Level 1

Hello Mike,

thanks for your help.

So maybe the skin would be the better way to go here?

Anyway i have a custom skin for my DDL (i have an icon before text).