3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2007 2:56 PM by Newsgroup_User

CS3 MySQL Connection

Spesh2
      I can't find any information about the solution for the following error message -

"The files from the _mmServerScripts folder are for the server model PHP-MySQL. You try to connect to a database using a different server model. Please remove this folder outside of the Dreamweaver environment on both local and testing machines and try again"

I have tried removing the _mmServerScripts folder and this did not correct the problem. Thanks for any help!
        • 1. Re: CS3 MySQL Connection
          Level 7
          Spesh2 wrote:
          > "The files from the _mmServerScripts folder are for the server model
          > PHP-MySQL. You try to connect to a database using a different server model.
          > Please remove this folder outside of the Dreamweaver environment on both local
          > and testing machines and try again"

The error message seems pretty clear. It says that you're trying to
          connect to MySQL with PHP scripts, but that your site uses a different
          server model, such as ASP or ColdFusion.

--
          David Powers, Adobe Community Expert
          Author, "The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS3" (friends of ED)
          Author, "PHP Solutions" (friends of ED)
          http://foundationphp.com/
          • 2. CS3 MySQL Connection
            Spesh2 Level 1
            Error messages don't always describe correctly the error that is occurring.

I am using PHP and a MySQL database that is hosted by a service. I can connect to the database "manually" using a PHP script but am not able to connect using the Dreamweaver database (MySQL) connection window.

I have the server model set to PHP MySQL for the site in the testing server section under the advanced tab.
            • 3. Re: CS3 MySQL Connection
              Level 7
              Spesh2 wrote:

> I am using PHP and a MySQL database that is hosted by a service.

Your original post omitted that important piece of information.
              If you're using both PHP and MySQL, you shouldn't get that error
              message. The only thing that I can think of is that your site definition
              is somehow pointing to the wrong server model.

--
              David Powers, Adobe Community Expert
              Author, "The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS3" (friends of ED)
              Author, "PHP Solutions" (friends of ED)
              http://foundationphp.com/