3 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2010 3:01 AM by Harm Millaard

Older hardware and CS5

Anthony Abegglen

This is a question I have been asked a few times by customer and friends also which I also wanting to know.

Generally a lot of people out there have Quad core systems usesing graphics cards like the 250 and if you use Win7 64bit, 8gigs of ram with and about 2tb hardrives 0-raid,some user also are editing with CS3 and CS4. Some edit only SDand HDV. As a exsample my  spec:

Quad core Q8300 cpu

4 gigs 1333 fsb

Asus MB p5q3

Gefore 250 card

4x 500 gig 0 raid

XP Pro .

I know XP cannot be used and 4gigs ram under the needed for CS5, but if you run Win7 64bit and 8gig ram  , CS4 work fairly well would CS5 work . It is say that CS5 is faster than CS4 only , if you run higher spec on MB , graphics cards ram etc .....

I and a few who do not edit ADCHV but still edit SD and HDV. We do not want to upgrade due to buying hardware a few months ago  ,do not want to spend a lot of money upgrading or buying new hardware now, but want to use CS5 .

Is there some body that has tested CS5 on a older Quad core system with simliar spec? OR  those of you like Harm that can give insight. as it would help us

Thanks for the input.