abc bytecode decoding failed.

Starlover_jacob Level 1

Please some help here,

I updated my sdk version to 3.5.0.12683

I also tried version 3.4.1.10084

and 3.4.0.6955

When i create a simple project like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <mx:WindowedApplication xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" layout="absolute" height="501" width="967">
           <mx:Image source="@Embed('img/eagle.jpg')"  x="481" y="10"/>
      </mx:WindowedApplication>

I still get the abc bytecode decoding failed error.

Anyone a solution?

• 1. Re: abc bytecode decoding failed.
          TeotiGraphix Level 3

Hi,

Sounds like your project needs to be cleaned. Project -> Clean

If for some reason that doesn't work for testing purposes, try creating another project. If that doesn't work, for more testing purposes, try creating a new workspace and a new project. Sometimes the metadata cache in Eclipse acts weird when changing SDKs.

Are you using FlexBuilder 3 or FlashBuilder 4?

Mike

• 2. Re: abc bytecode decoding failed.
            Starlover_jacob Level 1

Cleaning the project did the job,

Thanks!

• 3. Re: abc bytecode decoding failed.
              sicowan2012

Hi, I have several ADOBE AIR Flex 3 projects that I like to run from the debugger to do jobs such as batch updating XML documents.

Trouble is I have migrated to Windows 7 and updated from AIR 1.5 to 2.6.

I downloaded and added the new SDK which gave me errors such as versionNumber cannot be null. Well I got that sorted and now it complains with "initial content not found".

I see that there is not an swf in the bin-release or bin-debug folder so having tried to Export a release build I get a heap of errors saying my.mxml: abd bytecode decoding failed.

I have tried using the "clean project" setting up a new project but all these end up with the same result.

I am a bit lost in this. Can anyone help?

Cheers

Simon

• 4. Re: abc bytecode decoding failed.
                Flex harUI Adobe Employee

Make sure you can build a simple test project.  If you can't figure that out

first.

Then when working with your old project, make sure all SWCs have been

updated to the same SDK version.

• 5. Re: abc bytecode decoding failed.
                  irongamer Level 1

Why does this happen so often?  I have to clean my project whenever I first open Flash Builder each day.  Are there some changes in the future that will make this not happen so often?  I'm running Flash Builder 4.6.0.23201.

My project does include a number of source paths from another drive including: GTween, as3-signals, starling, and foxhole.  I have no SWC's in the build library.