2 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2010 8:13 AM by Steve Grisetti

Premier Elements 2 not capturing video

KeithTrevor

I have operated Premier Elements 2 for some years, but I am currently having problems with the video capture. The controls operate the camera, the sound is on, but the picture does not appear and nothing downloads. I have reinstalled the program but it makes no difference. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 2 not capturing video
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

The Capture process is only a byte-for-byte copy of the signal over the FireWire cable. If you are getting Device Control, plus the Audio, then something is not making its way across the cable, or though the connectors.

The first thing that I would look at is the FW cable. Try another one.

Next, do you have more than one FW connector (iLink, IEEE-1394) on your computer? Is so, they another one.

What is the make/model of your camera?

What is your Project Preset, and does it match the recording settings on your camera?

Have you updated your video drivers very, very recently? If not, do so immediately from the video card mfgr's. Web site.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Premier Elements 2 not capturing video
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I would also go to the nVidia or ATI site and download the latest drivers for your video card.

(You may also want to go to Windows Update and click Custom to ensure you have even the non-critical hardward updates and then go to Apple.com and ensure you have the latest Quicktime.)

The rule of thumb is that if something used to work and suddenly stopped, it's most likely because one Windows update made a driver or firmware obsolete.

1 person found this helpful