1 Reply Latest reply on May 17, 2010 7:22 PM by Randy Edmunds

CS5 crashes when trying to load page

LauraK77

When I try to load a page to my server, Dreamweaver stops working and has to shut down.  I originally was having this problem with CS3 and was told that CS3 is not compatible with Windows 7.  So, I purchased the upgrade (CS5) and am still having the same problems.  I am able to use "Local View" and "Remote View" and pull a page up to edit.  The problem happens when I try to put the page out on my server.  As soon as I hit the arrow to put it out there, it asks me if I want to put the dependant files and then when I answer (doesn't matter if I answer yes or no), the screen lightens and a box comes up that says:

Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 has stopped working.
      A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program.

This leads me to believe it is a Windows 7 compatibility issue.  I have checked my firewall settings and nothing sticks out as being a problem.  I have had no problems prior to using this Windows 7.  I have deleted the WinCache file.  That did not help.  I don't know what else to do. 

Please help!