8 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2010 1:03 PM by hans-g.

embedded flash code

djkelvinthe1

I have some embedded audio and video flash code that i am trying to add to my page but when I upload to the server it does not show? I am not sure if I am adding the code correctly to my page.

• 1. Re: embedded flash code
          hans-g. Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi,

did you really copy all the DW generated files to your server? Best you have a look with WIN-Explorer to your directory, to see all the files DW has created in your subdirectory and don't forget one:

YourFlv.flv
          YourFlv.php (or YourFlv.html)
          Clear_Skin_1.swf (my choice)
          FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf

Hans-G.

P.S.

Incase of this recommendation isn't helpful, please give me a link to your website.

• 2. Re: embedded flash code
            janken71

What method are you using to embed your flash?  A link would be helpful.

• 3. Re: embedded flash code
              djkelvinthe1 Level 1

Sorry I cannot seem to get the code to show correctly on here and I cannot delete parts for some reason. But I want to take an embedded code from www.ustream.tv/channel/soulfulhousemusiccollage and put the live embed code on my DW page. I have tried adding it as a swf and asa flv but with no luck. When I upload to my site the video does not show at all. the site is www.soulfulhousemusiccollage.com

• 4. Re: embedded flash code
                bemdesign Level 4

Open up your page in Code view, locate the opening and closing body tags, paste the embed code given by the ustream site, save your page, and then test it. Does it work now?

• 5. Re: embedded flash code

Hi,

you could try to insert a flash application first into a new solitary file. I'll try to describe the whole procedure in detail from the beginning (translated from my German DW):

create a really new subdirectory
                  create a new html/php-file
                  DesignMode: Insert Flash-Video
                  search/browse ---> YourFLV.flv
                  skin: Halo Skin 3 (min. width 280) ( it's only my choice)
                  width 640 ( it's only my choice)
                  height 480 ( it's only my choice)
                  I clicked all the boxes

---> And now away (as I wrote before) with all these files to your server (best you have a look with the WIN-Explorer to your directory, to see all the files DW has created in your subdirectory and don't forget one):
                  YourFlv.flv

Look here to my little example made for you in this manner:

http://www.goldschmiede-blumberg.de/AdobTest/flv/flv1.html

Hans-G.

• 6. Re: embedded flash code
                    djkelvinthe1 Level 1

OK how do I save my embedded code file as a flv.html file on my local computer so I can upload it to the server?

• 7. Re: embedded flash code
                      bemdesign Level 4

You don't need the FLV file - ustream hosts this for you. Use the embed code they provide to "link" to the Flash video ustream hosts - it's the same way YouTube videos can be embedded in websites outside of YouTube.

Again, copy the embed code that ustream provides, open your page in DW in code view, and then between the opening body tag and the closing body tag, paste the embed code. Then test the page in your browser. What should happen is that your browser will see the embed code which points to the ustream-hosted file and you can now play the video. When everything works the way you want, upload your page to your webserver. The embed code will still point to the ustream flash video.

• 8. Re: embedded flash code

Hi,

I see I have to redescribe more precisely. You really should follow my recipe:

create a really new subdirectory (I for example called it "flv").

create a new html/php-file (I for example called it "flv1.html" or "flv.php") where you have to embed your "flv"-film.
                        All the next steps you have to do in dreamweaver!

DesignMode: Insert Flash-Video
                        search/browse ---> YourFLV.flv
                        skin: Halo Skin 3 (min. width 280) ( it's only my choice)
                        width 640 ( it was my choice)
                        height 480 ( it was my choice)

Then look in your (that with the new subdirectory I said really willful, only there you will see/find all the (necessary ) files DW had created, which you have to upload to your server!)

And once again:

---> And now away (as I wrote before) with all these files to your server (best you have a look with the WIN-Explorer to your directory, to see all the files DW has created in your subdirectory and don't forget one):
                        YourFlv.flv

Look here to my little example made for you in this manner:

http://www.goldschmiede-blumberg.de/AdobTest/flv/flv1.html

Hans-G.