11 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2010 12:22 PM by six5hot

CS5 Playback trouble when add TITLE

xlol7

Hey there,

I've uninstalled CS4 Master collection using the steps on this website (clean uninstall with clean scripts) and installed the Adobe CS5 Master collection.

What happens is that when I do video edits with premiere, I get a static video preview in the playback when there's a TITLE layered on top of the video.

So far it only happens when there's a TITLE layered on top. And it's hard to edit and review the video. Does anyone know how to fix this? I never had this issue with CS4.

Secondly, I tried exporting the video and the final video open play is wobbly! Throughout the duration of the video its "vibrating"! I have no idea why it's doing this. I'm new to Adobe Premiere Pro. Would love to know whether this can be fixed.

Here's a video showing my first problem. Sorry, I just did a quick search and used a free video screen capture software so the colours aren't the best.
      Watch it here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvBPNaO1NdA

PC Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

4gb G.skills RAM DDR3

i5 Intel Processor @ 2.4gb

ATI 5850 1gb GPU

Thanks!

• 1. Re: CS5 Playback trouble when add TITLE
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

First thought would be your video driver. Is it the very latest ATI/AMD?

If so, then you might want to look at rolling back a couple of versions. There are a couple of threads recently, where this was necessary for smooth playback. In those threads, users reported the exact versions that they rolled back to. I will not attempt to remember the "last known good" version, but they have been listed in detail.

If still no joy, I'd look at the GPU Playback settings, and experiment with those. Again, some users have reported the "sweet spot" for them.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: CS5 Playback trouble when add TITLE
            xlol7 Level 1

Hey there thanks!

I've tried doing that but still no luck. Rolled back 3 versions! Are the threads that you've read within this forum?

I heavily need to get this fixed asap because I've got projects happening. Otherwise I'll have to roll down to CS4.

Thanks!

• 3. Re: CS5 Playback trouble when add TITLE
              shooternz Level 6

You have not rendered your timeline!  (Red Bar requires rendering)

• 4. Re: CS5 Playback trouble when add TITLE
                xlol7 Level 1

oh!! how do i go about doing that shooternz!? really thanks for your reply!!

Warm regards,

xlol7

• 5. Re: CS5 Playback trouble when add TITLE
                  shooternz Level 6

Ensure the timeline is covered by the 'Work Area Bar'  (WAB) then press Enter

key.

BTW - the fact you have a red line above your footage also means that maybe you have not matched your project preset to the source footage.

Also - you maybe editing footage that is not very suitable for editing.  What is it?

• 6. Re: CS5 Playback trouble when add TITLE
                    xlol7 Level 1

Thanks very much! That was indeed the problem!! The footage displayed was a simple xvid encoded avi from a Family Guy TV episode. I greatly appreciate your patience and support! Thanks very very much!

Regards,

xlol7

• 7. Re: CS5 Playback trouble when add TITLE
                      shooternz Level 6

xvid aint great editing material but glad it worked out.

• 8. Re: CS5 Playback trouble when add TITLE
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

I have never been able to get Xvid/DivX to edit without major issues in any Adobe NLE. I just convert to DV-AVI Type II and am done. Quality hit is definitely there, but unavoidable. I can Export to DivX fine, but have never gotten any Adobe NLE to Export to Xvid - just crashes, or hangs.

Hunt

• 9. Re: CS5 Playback trouble when add TITLE
                          six5hot

I found a solution to this problem. You can see if it works for you...

# If I go to the menu item "File/New/Title" and create a title and put it on the timeline overlaying a video the video will not play in the preview window, playback will freeze.

# The same thing will happen if I go to the menu selection "Title/New Title/Default Still..." and create the title that way.

# However if I go to the menu item "Title/New Title/Default Roll.." and create the title that way , the preview window will play back video perfectly while the title is overlayed on the video. (rendering on the fly to preview window)

I don't know why this works this way or if its a bug or normal for CS5 , but in CS4 all I ever had to do was go to File/New/Title and it always worked fine.

But at least this seems to works

• 10. Re: CS5 Playback trouble when add TITLE
                            fireonline

Thank you six5hot, its works perfect, it has to be a bug in the Premiere CS5.  I just finished editing a 60min show with over 100 titles ant they all were freezing, I know I could render first but not time when you sitting with a client and doing name bars and stuff, I  had to put them all on a diffrent track and disable it for playback.  Now I just went through all of them and and just changed their settings from Still to Roll and they all work fine. Thank You so much. Hope a fix come up soon.

• 11. Re: CS5 Playback trouble when add TITLE
                              six5hot Level 1

Ya , it would be nice if they can fix this. Definatly an odd bug.