3 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2010 5:55 AM by [Jongware]

Under which license type are InDesign Script provided ?

Loïc TEIXEIRA

Hi guys,

At work we use ID CS3. It comes with a script called "CropMarks". It's a great script but it doesn't really fit ours needs. I modifyed it (add bleed management & doesn't draw marks inside the selection) to fit ours wishes.

Some other people may need a such script so I wanted to give it for free.

I don't know where I can put a script (I mean online) and most importantly, I don't know if I'm allowed to do this. This is not a script I wrote from scratch, I modifyed a script shipped with ID.

So are those scripts under GNU license or anything. Must I give my script under a certain license ?

Thank you for your help !

• 1. Re: Under which license type are InDesign Script provided ?
          Olav Martin Kvern Level 3

Hi Loic,

You can distribute the script. You just can't claim it as your own--you might say something like:

//Created by Adobe Systems, Inc., modified by Loic TEIXEIRA

The original script shouldn't draw marks inside the selection unless you select the Each Object option. Have you seen cases where it does that?

Thanks,

Ole

Thanks to Harbs for bringing this question to my attention!

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Under which license type are InDesign Script provided ?
            Loïc TEIXEIRA Level 1

The original script shouldn't draw marks inside the selection unless you select the Each Object option. Have you seen cases where it does that?

No, the original script work as intended.

We just wanted to be able to draw marks for each object but outside of the imposition.

On big stuffs (offset) we use preps for imposition but for small stuff (numeric) we use indesign as not every operator know preps.

You can distribute the script. You just can't claim it as your own--you might say something like:

//Created by Adobe Systems, Inc., modified by Loic TEIXEIRA

Of course I wasn't going to claim I did it or I wouldn't have questionned you ;-)

Thx for your quick answer !

• 3. Re: Under which license type are InDesign Script provided ?
              [Jongware] Most Valuable Participant
              Some other people may need a such script so I wanted to give it for free.

That's great! Keep up the good work.

I don't know where I can put a script (I mean online) ..

Try http://www.scriptopedia.org/ -- an initiative from Loic Aigon (yes, another Loic). You can probably contact him through Scriptopedia, or simply send him a Personal Message with this forum (Loic Aigon's Stuff).

1 person found this helpful