2 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2010 7:06 AM by monkeymagiic

Flex spark list data exclusions

monkeymagiic

Hi Flex's

Having some trouble dealing with a data collection on list,

I have a collection that unfortunatly can not be changed when it is assigned as a dataprovider on a list, the data needs to stay the same though I do not want the list to render these items at all.

I tried to impliment a itemRendererFunction though this only stops the item rendering from my custom renderer though not the native one, I also tried filtering the data by overriding "set data" though this caused issues with my selected index's and such.

Can I filter in the datagroup?

any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

• 1. Re: Flex spark list data exclusions
          UbuntuPenguin Level 4

It isn't the job of the itemrenderer or the datagrid to filter data.  That job falls to a presentation/manager type class.  Anyway , you could use a filter , since you say the collection isn't changing.  Better yet , since the collection isn't changing you can use an array and save some resources.

To solve your problem , google "flex arraycollection filter example".  Filtering arraycollections is one of those things , that is hard to do off the top of the head , but is invaluable nonetheless.

If this post was helpful mark it as such.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Flex spark list data exclusions
            monkeymagiic Level 1

Very true, landed up creating two collections watching each other and acting accordingly (encapsulated in a single class extending EventDispatcher), thanks for this