12 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2010 8:16 AM by John T Smith

Computer for Video Editing for the Present and Beyond

jcrystal76

In an earlier post I announced that I have been a Premiere Elements user since Day One, and I also mentioned I was looking to have a new computer built from scratch rather than purchase from Dell or HP. I am close to finalizing that build, and am looking forward to upgrading to Elements 8.0. I am also looking forward to becoming a subscriber to Muvipix.com. Becoming a part of the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum coupled with being an eventual subscriber to Muvipix.com has elevated my enthusiasm for video editing. Special Thanks go to Bill Hunt and Steve Grisetti for anchoring this Adobe Pre E Forum. Your advice has motivated me to take my video editing with Premiere Elements to another level.

Speaking of advice, what does everyone think of the following specifications for my new computer? Is this a solid computer for video editing? In some cases some components lack specificity (model numbers, brand names, et cetera). Suggestions and comments will be greatly appreciated as I take this final step. Thanks to all!

• ATX Antec     193 Computer Case
      • X58 ASUS      Motherboard
      • Core      i7- 930 Processor (1366)
      • 700W     OCZ Power Supply
      • Triple     Channel DDR3 (6 GB RAM - 3x2GB)
      • 64-bit      Windows 7 Home Premium
      • (2) Western     Digital 1T HDDs
      • 22xDVD+/-RW      Burner
      • ATI  Radeon 4670 Video Card DDR3 (dual     monitor support)