4 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2012 1:13 PM by RickeyFitts

Opening Fireworks from Dreamweaver CS5

gregmccarthy Level 1

I am trying to open Fireworks CS5 from within Dreamweaver CS5.

When I do I get an error message that says that "Fireworks is unable to be launched or an error has occured"

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When I originally tried to open Fireworks (either directly or from Dreamweaver) I got the following message:

"Your user privileges do not allow Fireworks to update your registry. Launch and Edit with Dreamweaver will not work properly unitl Fireworks is launched while using Administrative privileges."

I got the following advice - Try right-clicking on the Fireworks.exe icon, then select 'Properties', select 'Compatibility' and then under the section 'Privilege Level', put a tick in the box 'Run this program as administrator'.

I have done what was suggested but now every time I open Fireworks I get the same Windows User Account Control message as follows:

"Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer" - Program name Fireworks. When I say yes the program opens OK.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way everything works OK on my laptop running a Windows XP Pro 32 bit system.