5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2010 11:23 PM by kowdkpd

losing media contents when switch between the pages continually

kowdkpd

I made a touch screen test using FC, but a bug bothering me several days.

when I switch the pages by clicking the button very quickly. Have a chance to get a black page( media displaying or loading error) , the buttons still working,the video still vocalizing,(sometimes I  only lose a button, sometimes I lose all)  but I can see only black, if this happens, I can not back the normal state by switching pages, the page with error will stay in black unless replaying the .swf again.

can anyone explain this to me?

• 1. Re: losing media contents when switch between the pages continually
          Peter Flynn (Adobe) Adobe Employee

Hi kowdkpd,

Are you able to share your project with us so we can take a look?  Please zip it up and email it to me: pflynn @adobe.  Or if it's a large file, you can share it via Acrobat.com (it's free -- just log in, click Upload, then click your file and choose Share, then enter my email address).

- Peter

• 2. Re: losing media contents when switch between the pages continually
            kowdkpd Level 1

Sorry for my delay, mailed it to you!

• 3. Re: losing media contents when switch between the pages continually

Thanks for sending along the file!  We're taking a look at it now and will get back to you as soon as we know more.

- Peter

• 4. Re: losing media contents when switch between the pages continually

Update: we've traced this back to a possible bug in the Flex SDK, the underlying application framework that runs your project.  We'll continue investigating and try to get this fixed for our next release.

In the meantime, there are two ways you should be able to work around the problem:

1. Avoid having zero-length effects in your transitions.  You can quickly remove all 0-length effects by clicking the Smooth Transition button (in the Timelines panel) for each transition.  Afterward you can further tweak the timing and sequencing manually -- so long as you don't shrink anything back down to zero.
                2. Or... Avoid having sound effects in your transitions.  You can still play a sound this way: select the button that triggers the transition, add a second "On Click" interaction that plays an Action Sequence, then add a sound effect to the sequence, then delete the sound effect from the original transition.  When you click the button, the Action Sequence and transition will start playing at the same time, so you'll hear the sound effect just the same as before.  (The only downside is that if you navigate back to the original state while the sound is still playing, it won't be interrupted -- it will keep playing over top of the second/reverse transition's own sound effect).

Sorry about the problem -- hope one of these solutions works for you.

- Peter

• 5. Re: losing media contents when switch between the pages continually
                  kowdkpd Level 1

Thanks for your solutions, I had tried these before.  the 1st fixed the 'eARTS' page. but doesn't work for the pages contain video.

for the 2nd, i have a version without any sound, but the bug still happen.

Never mind, it is only a test. wish it can be fixed asap.

-Elvis

在 2010-6-16,上午1:55, Peter Flynn (Adobe) 写道:

Update: we've traced this back to a possible bug in the Flex SDK, the underlying application framework that runs your project.  We'll continue investigating and try to get this fixed for our next release.

In the meantime, there are two ways you should be able to work around the problem:

1. Avoid having zero-length effects in your transitions.  You can quickly remove all 0-length effects by clicking the Smooth Transition button (in the Timelines panel) for each transition.  Afterward you can further tweak the timing and sequencing manually -- so long as you don't shrink anything back down to zero.

2. Or... Avoid having sound effects in your transitions.  You can still play a sound this way: select the button that triggers the transition, add a second "On Click" interaction that plays an Action Sequence, then add a sound effect to the sequence, then delete the sound effect from the original transition.  When you click the button, the Action Sequence and transition will start playing at the same time, so you'll hear the sound effect just the same as before.  (The only downside is that if you navigate back to the original state while the sound is still playing, it won't be interrupted -- it will keep playing over top of the second/reverse transition's own sound effect).

Sorry about the problem -- hope one of these solutions works for you.

- Peter

>