4 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2010 7:50 PM by Elemanzer

Adobe Reader 9.3 - print to pdf

archytect

I have downloaded Reader 9.3 but when I try to "find" it as a printer, I get a dialogue box with the message "the file 'aksusb.sys' on Aladdin Installation Disk is needed.

It asks for the path suggests I copy from c:\windows\system32\setup\aladdin\hasphl or browse for it, but nothing comes up.  I also get a message that my computer has found new hardware "Aladdin USB key", which I am not aware of having installed.

What should I do?

• 1. Re: Adobe Reader 9.3 - print to pdf
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

archytect wrote:

I have downloaded Reader 9.3 but when I try to "find" it as a printer,

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Adobe Reader cannot print "to" a PDF.

It can open and print already existing PDF's.

• 2. Re: Adobe Reader 9.3 - print to pdf
            archytect Level 1

Thanks, but the information on the website about the Reader 9.3 software says it will create pdf files.  This is just what PDF Writer can/could, but is no longer available.  This is done by loading PDF Writer as a printer and using it to print to pdf.

• 3. Re: Adobe Reader 9.3 - print to pdf
              ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

archytect wrote:

Thanks, but the information on the website about the Reader 9.3 software says it will create pdf files.  This is just what PDF Writer can/could, but is no longer available.  This is done by loading PDF Writer as a printer and using it to print to pdf.

I'm not sure where you read that but it wasn't on the Adobe website. Reader has always been just that, a reader. If you want to create PDF's you would need Acrobat (not free). That will install the PDF printer that you can use to create PDF's.

• 4. Re: Adobe Reader 9.3 - print to pdf
                Elemanzer

There is a free tool from Microsoft that will allow you to save a word file as a PDF.

Do some looking and you should find it.  With reader you can print PDFs

, but you cant edit or save them.  You still need a printer to print them to.